Monday 22 July 2013

AUTHOR'S CORNER;

PUT YOUR LAPTOP AWAY AND START SAVING YOUR MARRIAGE!


I feel it is time dear friends to address an issue that most modern day women, in their bid to be independent, chose to ignore and attribute it to some old fashioned, outdated, primitive notion!  The issue is simply keeping one's marriage alive... making sure so to speak, that the marriage vows have a pulse and a beating heart by which to live! Yes being modern has its advantages, and as a modern female, I must admit, I have thoroughly enjoyed the perks of the age.  I am a mother of four, a writer and in this modern day, a very free agent. There is no one to tell me that I can't, nobody to dictate life and certainly no society that will look dawn on me!  I am happy and content and fulfilled and thank God that I was born into this modern day, unlike dear old grandma, (who could have been a doctor, had her parents or society saw fit to educate her) I enjoy full human rights and relish in the fact that I am an independent woman!

So the problem?  Well, like many strong females of my generation, I am determined to get ahead in life at the cost (without realising it) of almost anything.  I am proud of the fact that I am a writer, and want to be the best writer I can be; I am willing to work hard at it and already I have enough finished unpublished novels in my filing cabinet to keep me in books for another seven years!  But yet I still write, each and every single day, knowing that only with determination I will one day be very successful.  Naturally my family are very proud of me; my husband has developed a fond look in his eyes every time he looks at me, and he has been known to sing my praises!  But alas, and I say this with a tinge of sadness and a guilty heart, when I am in the swing of a novel, I forget to remember him.  He is often shafted in the background, with hardly any attention and a bad tempered wife in the mix!

We went out last night, after many a months of not doing so, and as I looked over at him in the glint of the dim theatre lights, I realised just how much this poor angel has had to put up with; needless to say, I am a creative person and a total nightmare to live with!  I am heavy, loud and often completely obsessed with my novel and the characters within it.  I am tired and angry when I am blocked and over excited and distracted when I am in the full swing of writing! In short, I am lucky to still be married!

The poor man looks frustrated and fed up, though he'll never say it!  He just walks around as though everything is normal, it's a wonder I actually notice!
It's a miracle I take note of the fact that he is fed up, because he never pulls his hair out or shows me any anger...
no he never shows me, subtlety is his strong point!

SO IN AN ATTEMPT TO SAVE MY MARRIAGE I MADE SOME CHANGES, AND WILL GLADLY PASS THEM ON TO FELLOW FEMALE WRITERS.....

1.  Never lose your temper at your husband, just because your going through a writer's block!  They don't appreciate this and may store it for a time when you happen to be vulnerable!




2. Stop reading bits of your writing to the poor man, he doesn't understand the plot, he can't figure out your style, and he quite frankly doesn't give a damn!  Especially when the football is on!!


3. And stop talking to him about books, books books, or publishers, publishers, publishers, or agents, or book store....STOP IT!!




4. Stop making your books his burden!








5. Would it kill you to visit the kitchen once in a while?  You will be surprised to learn that your husband would love to be presented with a decent meal once in a while!





6. Put effort into your cooking!  A man appreciates an edible meal.






7.  I know you've been busy writing....but seriously? How is that presentable?






 8.  Time to visit the beautician, let's see what they can do!







9. You might also like to try cleaning the house up a little, a cobweb free environment will do wonders for your love life!






10. Remember, when you do have time for your hubby, try not to discuss YOUR WRITING!!!







11.  Instead, spend some quality time together, like normal couples!







12.  Allow Cupid to mingle amongst you.....

Feel the love......




Remember why you married.....





and remember.....


You will eventually grow old together, and when all the novels have been written, and all the books have been published, and the kids have all grown up and left home, and you're no longer remembered in the book   stores, you will only have him; your faithful husband, the man who has put up you!

No comments:

Post a Comment