Tuesday 30 October 2012

AUTHOR'S CORNER:

A POEM


I am the writer who plays with your emotions and senses
Who uses illusions of love and such fantastical pretences 
I am the spirit of longing and the whimsical wind that blows upon your face
I am the angel that guides and the devil that walks alongside your pace

I am love and lust, and all that your heart can desire
I am what keeps you and holds you to your fuelling fire
I am all that you are and all that you can ever dream of being
I am all you have seen and all that you could ever dream of seeing 

I am your winter's snow and your autumn mist amongst the cloudy sky
I am your summer's sun and the blossom that promises life upon the trees so high
I am the one who brings about the sadness of loss and the pain of despair
I am the one who evokes a feeling of happiness or ignites a frightful nightmare

I am the one who will give you food for thought
Or question everything that you have been taught
I am the swallow who whooshes down from way up high
And steals your thoughts within the breath of a sigh

I am the writer who feeds your eyes and enlightens you good
But without you my words will never be seen nor understood
I am the writer who enlightens with my words
Yet without you, my words would never be heard

I am the writer who is the author of your imagination
Yet take you away and I am lost to future generations
I am the writer who keeps you alive with fantasy
But you are the reader who keeps my legacy

I am the fragile pen who writes in riddles about love and crime
As my words of wisdom evaporate with the passing of time
I am the writer who thanks you for helping me survive
For in reading me over and over, you have kept me alive



No comments:

Post a Comment