Monday 12 November 2012

AUTHOR'S CORNER:

THY PEN IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD


As I sit alone in my darkened room, and the winds of winter scatter by.  As I capture images in my mind's eye of lovers gone and worlds diminished, of mountains high against a clear blue sky.  As the life force within me wills me into a magical world, where dreams are not a figment of imagination, but a solid reality which sustain me.  As I hear the voices of my forefathers echo in my ear, soothing me with their words of wisdom and comforting my soul.  As I conjure images from the air and make them real and give them substance.  As the winds of sorrow blow upon the vast desert sand, where I once stood in a faraway land.  As the stars have seen and witnessed my pain, and the sun has dried up my tears and the moon has guided me through life's sorry maze.


As my lover's hand is placed in mine, and my heart is entwined with his.  As the injustice of the world leaves it's mark upon my withered heart and makes me not the person I thought I could once be.  As the mystery of my very existence baffles me and shakes me to the core.  My lonely image in the mirror looks back at me and beckons me to engage.  As the hollow ground which I once tread upon opens up and swallows me whole, and my delicate body is consumed within the earth of which I once came from.  I shall live on, and on, and on.  And I shall change that which is impossible to change and mend that which was too far gone for mending.  I shall infuse into the hearts of others, my vision and all that I could dream of being.  I shall change nations and alter the world and make them as puppets upon my stage.  


As my candle burns through my life span and the gateways of time are altered.  I shall build worlds within worlds in the walls of my mind.  I shall recreate the perfection which I have been yearning and leave my sorrows behind.  As I tread upon the sands of time, I shall live on and on and on.  And I shall alter time and space and bring down the invisible walls which divide the human race.  I shall infuse a  love which is a new revolution and the people shall rise!


And when my heart beats, it shall beat for the masses and when my tears fall they shall become a river and in it the hearts of people will find cleansing salvation.  As the winds of time circle me and engulf me within them, I shall be that time and live on and on and on.  And I shall bring injustice to its knees, and halt corruption and eliminate suffering.  For the clouds of my mind are gathering overhead and soon it shall pour!




I shall take up my pen and I shall live on and on and on.  For my weapon is not a gun or a bomb or a knife; my weapon is far more lethal than those.  I hold it in my hand and balance it between my fingers,  it is a simple weapon, but it's bullets are fashioned out of pure magic, and those bullets contain that which can never be stopped....my words.  And I shall live on and on and on!



2 comments:

  1. perfect perfect perfect, i feel an epiphany coming on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again; I thank you graciously :)

    ReplyDelete