Thursday 29 November 2012

AUTHOR'S CORNER:

THE REALITY OF MY IMAGINATION


I walk amongst the crowd of the human race; rubbing shoulders with them and pushing and shoving as I make my way, and yet I stand alone.  As the winds of time pass through me; I stand alone in my own deserted far away land.  Within the depth of my mind, within the emptiness of my soul and the coldness in my bones; I stand alone, alone and on my own!  Sustained only by my thoughts, sheltered by my dreams.

As time goes on and takes me with it; ageing me and changing my shape, I age not.  For the world may spin and the sun my rise and the waves will crash according to the moon's effect.  And the people may change and trends come and go, and what was once new and fresh will one day be withered and old, yet I age not.  I am kept ever youthful within the harmony of my mind, preserved by my dreams.

And I shall conjure up lovers past and place their hands back in mine.  I shall recreate what was lost to me and make life of a dead situation.  I shall take and pluck out of thin air that which I see fit to take and mould into happiness.  And I shall build up high from my own creation a shelter made up of my imagination! And light a candle for all the saints and make for a better future.  For I am safe within my head and protected by my dreams.


I shall make new paths where the mighty tread and where fairies roam, where they can be seen and heard and co-exist in harmony.  I shall make way for the mythical and I shall conjure up magic.  And I shall bring peace into the world and watch as angels' wings unfold.



And I shall face up to my fears and fight the good fight; my soul against my faltering spirit.  And the battle shall commence and I shall take up arms and one or the other shall win.  If my soul wins, then my spirit shall be broken.  If my spirit wins, than my soul shall be saved!  But I am armed well in my mind and victorious in my dreams.

And I shall set alight the fires of my mind, I shall stoke them and watch them roar!  I shall warm myself beside them and induce a feeling of well being within myself.  For the fires are blazing fierce in my mind, ignited by my dreams.




And I stand alone, alone within the buzzing of my mind, alone amidst the worlds in my head.  I stand alone amongst the characters who stand alongside of me.  Holding in my hand a tiny light; a light that has enough power to conjure up worlds and make fantasy real.  It is a light that glows in my mind and is harnessed in my dreams.




As I walk amongst the crowd of the human race; rubbing shoulders and pushing past them, I stand alone....alone in my imagination!  

2 comments:

  1. Very thought provoking....alone we are and alone we shall remain......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if you live in my mind, but then again, I guess I'm not the only loony around?

    ReplyDelete