Monday 25 March 2013

AUTHOR'S CORNER;

RE-WRITING THE MARRIAGE VOWS!

Marriage vows are the most important, most heart-felt words one can utter to another person.  They should reflect the intensity and passion one feels towards their spouse and make clear the promises that one's heart yearns to see through over the course of this delightful union and lifetime of bliss and contentment!  If one is honest and true to their feelings, then one should understand that this is a once in a lifetime event and therefore one should choose their words carefully and make truth of their intentions in well written, well rehearsed verses.  You owe it to you lovely spouse!  So in light of this, you as the author and well versed of this union, should be writing special marriage vows for your wedding day which best portray your love and affection for your loved one.  An example...

MARRIAGE VOWS SAID BY A WRITER...


To have and to hold from this day forth, for better for worse, for richer for poorer.  In sickness and in health till death us do part...

I promise that I shall make you proud by dedicating every waking hour of my day to my writing.  I shall write all the time, every time and any time, even on weekends!






I promise to watch over you when you are sleeping, albeit I, myself can not sleep because the bloody novel is going round in my head, and your snoring won't be helping me much!



I promise that I shall always be there to listen to you drawl on about the hard day you've had at the office, even though it is taking precious writing time away from me!




I promise to always be honest with you about my feelings!







I shall have all your children....even though it would be a little harder to get on with my writing!







I promise that motherhood will NOT change me AT ALL!







I promise to take care that I don't lose myself in housework, and end up like my mother!







I promise that our children will grow up strong and independent....very independent! I will be too busy writing!




I promise to never interfere with their individuality and their choices in life!  I'll be too busy writing!






I promise and swear to God, that I will occasionally tackle the kitchen, in between making coffee and writing!






I promise that meals will be kept to simplicity, in fact they will be given as nature intended.....yeah, you guessed it, I'll be too busy writing!






I promise to love you and make time for you, about an hour every month, when I will be taking a break from writing!



I promise that I shall keep myself well read and my mind agile!






I promise that I shall endeavour to keep the romance alive between us, if ever I should happen to pass you by in the hallway whilst taking a break from writing!! 



TILL DEATH US DO PART, MY LOVE!




2 comments: