Tuesday 25 June 2013

AUTHOR'S CORNER;

DOES MY BUM LOOK BIG IN THIS NOVEL?


Okay, so I've been working the keyboard and my fingers are as nimble as can be!  They look so pretty and slender and they have shiny rings on them and my nails are painted bright red, how lovely! but after a solitary year at my computer, writing my novel and stuffing my face with treats (well, writing uses up a lot of calories) and with my book signing event looming, I have noticed that....well...to put it bluntly, I have noticed that certain garments I own no longer seem to fit!
This strange phenomena has left me    feeling a little distressed, to say the least!
You see, whilst I have spent many a day and night writing to my heart's content, drinking coke and other fizzy drinks to my heart's content, not to mention snacking on tiny morsels of food such as chocolates and peanuts and sweets and my all time favourite, bread and butter sandwiches, my waistline has seemed to strangely expand...
No longer the sexy, slender diva I once was, I find myself struck by what can only be described as sheer and utter plunge into depression!

(Yeah, right, I really did look like that!)

What's more, there is less than a week, a single, solitary, God forsaken week left to go before my book event!!  A single week in which to try and lose those extra pounds!  Yikes!!  You see I have fallen into the literary trap that most writers fall into whilst trying to create their masterpiece, it's called the writer's binge!  This is a strange and spooky, almost paranormal happening which inflicts many a writer on dark and lonely nights, on long and dreary days; it is a sudden, yet subtle urge to eat, eat, eat, drink and eat some more!!  A train of endless cups of coffee, hundreds of soft mints, bars of milk chocolate, apples by the barrel load, sandwiches at the ready (and God help you if you are trying to give up smoking) all find their way to your desk.  And without you even realising it, your hand, (the very same hand that writes your novel) creeps along that desk and snatches and devours and places items to your mouth!



I have discovered a before and after picture!  Only the truth is in reverse!!
I used to be the after, now I'm the before!



I have frightened the cat on several occasions!  It no longer recognises me! 




My husband almost lost his life when he suggested I diet!



And then the truth hit me, I looked in the mirror and resembled my favourite snack!!



aaaaaaaaaah! aaaaaaaah! aaaaaaah! aaaah, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

WITH ONE WEEK LEFT TO GO, AND I'VE GOT TO LOOK GOOD PEOPLE!  I HAVE DECIDED TO...


Exercise....
and exercise..
and exercise....
And soon,
soon, I shall look like a diva and go shopping for a spanking brand new outfit to wear for the book event!
Hmm....yeah, in my dreams, who am I kidding?  I have less than a week to go and my hunger tolerance is none existent!

Or I could just work with what I have!  

No comments:

Post a Comment